Welcome to Huddersfield and District CTC. We hope you enjoy your riding with us, and the following information is designed to make your rides with us more enjoyable.
Before the Ride
- Please check our calendar page so that you know who the Leader for the day will be, and what the route is going to be. Our facebook page will give further details nearer the date.
- BAD WEATHER: please check with the Leader well before the start of the ride. Any last minute postponement will be announced on the Club Facebook page.
- Bring a TOOLKIT with you, comprising relevant tools, such as a spare inner tube, puncture repair kit, allen keys, spanners and a pump. Also a BASIC FIRST AID KIT and any personal MEDICATION.
- Please ensure that you carry written personal ID with you, giving your name and address and emergency contact number.
- Always have a WATERPROOF and some EMERGENCY FOOD (e.g. energy or cereal bars or a banana or two), together with a drink.
- Have some money to pay for refreshments.
- If possible, carry a mobile phone and let the leader know your number.
At the Start
- Identify the Leader and Back-Up Rider and make sure you have at least one of their phone numbers Give them your mobile number.
- Make sure the Leader is aware, if appropriate, of any medication you may need on the ride and its whereabouts either on yourself or your bike.
On the Ride
- Always ensure that you keep the Leader or Back-Up Rider in sight if you are not confident of the exact route.
- If you should become separated from the group, PHONE THE LEADER IMMEDIATELY. He or she will then make the necessary arrangements for you to rejoin the group.
- RIDE SAFELY by always obeying the Highway Code and by attending to shouted advice from other riders. Ride in single file on narrow, busy and winding roads. Keep a safe distance from the rider immediately in front of you.
- Be aware that, IN THE FINAL STAGES of a ride, the group will often split up, depending on the routes individuals need to take home. Alert the Leader if you are leaving the main group and ensure that you are confident of your return route.
We hope that you have a really enjoyable day out and wish to join us on future rides. Our Leaders have undergone comprehensive training and are well used to possible problems, so please contact your Leader about any issue arising on the day.